I'm turning 20 this coming year and I'd say I've gotten about 1 speeding for every year of my life. The may be an exaggeration, but you'll never catch me in the slow lane. I consider within 20 obeying the law. It doesn't seem to fly with cops.
And then there's Garmin, you all know, that little navigation system we all have pet names for? Mine is Cleveland, don't ask where it came from. I love him. Without Cleveland, I'd still be lost somewhere in Northern VA.
So, what do you get when you put my love for speeding and Garmin together? a new GPS software app called Phantom Alert. Yes, its as cool as it sounds. Phantom alert tells you where where red light traffic cameras, speed traps, and DUI checkpoints are. For $10 a month. Still debating whether its worth it.
Whats really great is analyzing their target market.
'The safety arguments are moot because the target market is so specific. Anyone willing to pay $10/month for a Phantom Alert subscription either pays more than that a year in traffic tickets, or has a vested interest in keeping up habitual speeding. The price point itself suggests a very specific target market. Subscribers are going to speed regardless, they just want to make it a cheaper proposition' - from business pundit
1 comment:
I loveee my garmin. I call mine all sorts of mean names because she has the annoying patronizing tone that I can't seem to change! I would be completely lost without it though xx
Post a Comment