Wednesday, December 10, 2008

November flew by...


I don't think anyone would argue with that, but where is December going? And will I ever have time to catch up? I worry I'm not living in the present, which is vaguely ironic. I want to be spending time with the people I care about, but I'm too busy trying to figure out what to get them for Christmas. Christmas. Its in 14 days people. For those of you who don't celebrate it, count yourselves lucky.
And most importantly I feel as though I'm putting my life on the back burner for the sake of the holidays. My dreams, and my goals are being ignored becuase everyone else has a month of to fuck around and get drunk before they head back to the real world, the real world for most of my friends being a University that hasn't changed its way of dealing with students since it was created almost a decade ago.
They head back there, to discuss Plato's views on death and waste time generally feeling more important than everyone else. And if they're not studying for the purpose of acing a test (the right reason being to learn the shit not to impress the teacher) knowing full well they will forget it within 5 minutes of leaving the building, then are seeing who is the best at a keg stand.
And I rant with no clear agenda.
Judgments based on my own screwed up perceptions and values.
I apologize.
School can be great if you know what to do with it, and frankly you should do whatever you want with your life.
More importantly, Bill Murray is amazing. Haha, no, he has been spotted crashing New York parties. The parties thrown but the young, intelligent and beautiful. Only he could pull it off, without being called a complete creeper.
Apparently he shows up, drinks a beer, has a nice conversation, gives some advice takes a picture or two and bails. Some say he seems lonely. I think he may be the coolest party hopper ever.
Read the full story here.

No comments: